Saturday, May 25, 2013

The whirlwind known as "The Month Of May"

Six weeks have practically just disappeared since my last post. I have had "update blog" on my to-do list for ages, but it just is not a high priority at the moment, and it seems to always be the thing that doesn't get done. And I've been busy too. And I also put off blogging when something out of the ordinary is coming up on the weekend or whatever, so that I can blog about it once it's happened... but then I don't get to! Or once it's happened, it's just not as exciting as I thought it was going to sound in a post. :P

May has been a bit of a whirlwind, with something on every weekend. Mother's Day. A dear friend's 40th birthday. Alastair's mum's 60th birthday. My sister-in-law's baby shower. A wedding in two weeks' time. The list goes on. All lovely to be a part of, but just SO many celebrations.... which all take a lot of thought and effort to plan/ organise/ decorate for/ cook for/ travel for/ make gifts for/ ad infinitum. I think I'm getting to the point of being all celebrated out! And I'm TIRED. I'm almost 35 weeks now. Maybe I've just been doing too much. During the week, the everyday jobs take all my time... the fortnightly groceries take me two days to complete! By the time I've planned the menu, and done the shopping list, that's one day, and then the actual shopping just takes ages... go to ATM to withdraw money, go to fruit shop, go to Aldi, go to Woolies (to get what's not available at Aldi), fill car with petrol.... not to mention if I need to go anywhere like the bank or pharmacy as well. And cleaning the house? Don't get me started on how long that takes, and it's only a tiny granny flat! I'm not complaining. Well, I suppose I am, just a smidge. But it's more an observation. Everything just takes a long time to do at the moment.

Everything takes longer to do with a massive whale belly AND a toddler who is into everything too, I suppose that's part of it. But she's so fun and cute, and I wouldn't have it any other way. :) Toilet training is progressing slowly, but I think we're getting there. After giving the toddler bed a break (which we bought off eBay for $10 in February), Annie's taken to it like a duck to water this week, and is much more settled in it now. I think maybe it was the hot weather and the teething that made the big bed just too much for her back then, but a couple of months has made all the difference, and she's doing pretty well. Tonight will be her fourth night in a row in the bed (plus pretty good day sleeps)... so if she can make a week without being in the cot, then I'll get Alastair to raise the floor of the cot and get it ready for the new baby to have a turn! I've hardly done any preparation for this baby yet, I feel really bad! Once this week is over though, I'll get out the unisex newborn clothes and wash them and start doing all those cool things.... can't wait to start "nesting" properly! It's dodgy when you desperately want to, but have to plan baby shower games or email people about what food to bring instead. :P

Alastair showed me this earlier, and it just cracked me up, because it's SO just him and me. And it's probably even worse at the moment with all the pregnancy hormones flying around wildly! The other night I pulled a tray of baked potatoes out of the oven at a weird angle, and they all fell into the bottom of the oven (which needs cleaning, surprise surprise) and onto the floor, and I just burst into tears. Alastair wanted me to lie on the couch while he cleaned it all up, but of course that would have taken about 3 times as long as if I was doing it, plus I was STARVING for dinner... anyhow, without further ado, watch this!

http://twentytwowords.com/2013/05/24/dont-fix-it-she-just-wants-you-to-listen/

I could put up photos, but I think most (if not all?) of you see them other places so I won't bother given that it's getting late and I need to go to bed!

2 comments:

  1. Your month sounds crazy!
    Lol! That clip was funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy busy busy! Once Mum is back I'll hopefully be able to get down more to help you a bit!

    I'm glad you posted - I forgot to check the other night so it was a nice surprise to see it :)

    ReplyDelete