Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Keeping Busy

Last week I made myself up a fortnightly schedule, as I continually find it hard to get my housework done along with the other daily duties of being a pregnant mummy! So it incorporates my fortnightly shopping, cleaning jobs, bible study, play group, etc. I'm part-way through the second week, and it seems to be working okay.

Today though, after a slow start, I seemed to have a burst of energy, and managed to dust and vacuum the house - all by myself, and all in one day, for the first time I think since Annie came along! Then I weeded the vegie garden too! What?!?!

We are thanking the Lord tonight, for what we had been told was going to be a $500 job on the car, turning out to be a different problem to what the auto-electrician thought... which he only charged us $50 for!!! That certainly put a smile on our faces!

I've started attending a play group which is run by our church, (by that I mean I've been once!) and I'm not sure what I think of it yet (by that I mean I didn't enjoy it). It's a bit hard... as I want to support the activities our church does, but I found it really draining last week. I think that was because it's an outreach/evangelism activity, so it's not just a group of church mums with their kids. I feel like I have to be on the ball a whole lot more, and some of the kids are quite naughty and can even be pretty mean to other kids but their mums don't seem to notice. Annie doesn't seem to notice either... yet, but it won't be long before she's at that age where she'll start copying everything. Oh and plus, Annie isn't really old enough for the activities (eg. sitting in a circle and listening to a story and answering questions about it), and they change the activity about every 5 minutes, so I felt like I was constantly packing up the toys, washing off the paint, or whatever, to go the next thing. It's on again tomorrow, so I'll see how it goes I suppose....

Lastly, I'm 21 weeks now - over halfway! :)

3 comments:

  1. Life sounds busy but your organisation sounds wonderful! I need to redo my schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I encourage you in your playgroup efforts? Keep at it if you possibly can, non Christian (and "fringy") mums SO need to see the difference that Jesus makes to our parenting and marriages! And you never know who you might be able to encourage!

    ReplyDelete